Forcing update of the CatBase client
If you find that one of your CatBase Clients is not behaving properly, it may be that it did not update itself completely from the CatBase Server when it was installed or when the CatBase Server was updated.
This is easy to fix:
- As you start up the CatBase Client, hold down the Alt or Option key on your keyboard. This should bring up a connection dialogue.
- The CatBase Server should be listed - select it.
- Then go to the Custom tab.
- Select the checkbox “Force the update of the local resources”, then click OK.
- You should see a message about copying over the resources.
- Then the CatBase Client should start up as usual and it should function correctly.
If this doesn't fix the problem, please contact our Technical Support Department with a detailed description of the problem.