Error message: "The number of licensed users has been exceeded"
You cannot access CatBase Multi-User from any Client because you get the message "The number of licensed users has exceeded".
The Licence Manager keeps track of the number of Users currently connected to the database server, based on each Client computer's unique MAC Address (Media Access Control address). If you have, for example, 3 User licences, it will allow any 3 computers to be logged in concurrently.
When a user Quits their CatBase Client, they are logged out of the licence manager. But if they get disconnected from the server for some reason - typically because their computer crashed or it was switched off without quitting the open applications - the Licence Manager thinks that they are still connected.
First of all, make sure that you always close the program properly, by choosing Quit from the File menu.
If your computer crashes while you are using CatBase, or if somebody turns it off without first quitting, you should:
- Restart the computer
- Log in again to the CatBase server from that same machine
- Once logged in, either continue using CatBase in the usual way, or Quit it properly.
If you cannot restart the computer, please contact us and we will reset the Licence Manager for you.
If you have followed theses steps and are still not able to log in to the server, follow these steps:
- Make sure that anybody currently connected to the database logs out.
- On the server, Quit CatBase Server.
- Restart the CatBase Server.
- You should now be able to log in.