Can I automatically create index tags in my publication?
Yes, if your publishing destination supports them! The following publishing destinations support the automatic creation of index tags when data is published:
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Word
- Open the Element that contains the item you want to index - eg, the company name, product code, person's last name, etc.
- Click on the Preferences tab
- Select the Index this Element checkbox
- Save the Element
- Publish your data using that Publishing Style Sheet and place it into your page layout document
- The index entries will be created as the data is imported
Did this article answer your question?
If it didn't, please use the Contact form to ask us! Or simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.