Error message: "Cannot complete scan on index kind, id of database ... "
If you get this error message, it means that your database's index file has somehow become corrupted.
Fortunately, the solution is simple.
- Quit CatBase, or CatBase Server if you are using the multi-user version of CatBase.
- Open the folder that contains your CatBase database (this is the file with the .4DD file extension).
- In the same folder as your database, you will find some related files, such as:
- DELETE the file that has the ".4Dindx" file extension. For example, if your database is called "catalog.4dd", then your index file will be called "catalog.4Dindx".
- Now restart CatBase (or CatBase Server). The index file will automatically be re-created.
If you are using CatBase Single-User, you can easily find your database files. Just go to the File menu and choose Show Database Location.